Saturday, July 25, 2009

Three For the Festival

Catrin Finch


She's just released a recording of Bach's Goldberg Variations which she plays on the concert harp. It's an amazing transcription, but that's not the half of it. It's a great performance.

Julia Fischer


Recent recordings of Mozart and Bach concertos, among other things, are attracting a lot of attention to this violinist.

Muriel Anderson


Fingerpicker extraordinaire, harp guitar player, and also simply a great classical guitarist; this woman should be a household name.

2 comments:

victor said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
___________________
victor
Email Marketing Solutions

chickweed said...

Came across your blog today and loved reading it! Thanks for the names of some great musicians. If you haven't already heard these songs, I wonder if you'd enjoy (23 year-old-at-the time) St. Vincent/Annie Clark's 'Human Racing' and 'What Me Worry?' on her album 'Marry Me' , or if you have heard them, what you think?
Anyway, thanks, lol yur smart & funney!